In 2017, my good friend Sandy told me about Goodreads and how she uses it to read books that she usually would not read. I decided then that one of my Goals for 2018 was going to be to read more; get through more books. I love reading and before Miss E came along, I would go through a book every 2 weeks or so. Over the last 3 years though, I have managed to only finish 4 books and start but not complete 2 others.
With the Popsugar Reading Challenge 2018, I have challenged myself to make use of the Reading List Prompts and read as many books as I can in 2018.
In January I started with my first book and am thoroughly enjoying it. The prompt was: Read a book made into a movie you have already seen. I chose ‘Atonement’ by Ian McEwan. The movie was beautifully shot and the characters so well portrayed. And so I decided to give the book a try and it has been brilliant so far.
Now the list by Popsugar is quite long. And I have decided that since I am getting back into books slowly,I would not do all of them. Here is the list of prompts I decided on. Throughout the year, I will post about some of the books that I have enjoyed on this challenge.
Reading Challenge 2018:
- A book made into a movie you’ve already seen
- True Crime
- The next book in a series you started
- A book involving a heist
- Nordic Noir
- A novel based on a real person
- A book based on a country that fascinates you
- A book that is also a stage play or musical
- A book that you borrowed or that was given to you as a gift
- A book by two authors
- A book by a local author
- A book about time travel
- A book with a weather element in the title
- A book set at sea
- A book with an animal in the title
- A book about or set on Halloween
- A book from a celebrity book club
- A childhood classic I have never read
- A book that’s published in 208
- A past Goodreads Choice Awards Winner
- A book set in the decade you were born
- A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn’t get to
- A book that involves a bookstore or library
What Reading Challenges have you made for yourself this year? Or are their any books of a certain genre that you enjoy and keep reading? Tell me about some of your favourite books! I’d love to hear from you.
Cheers and Happy Reading!